As a Church in Wales School we acknowledge our commitment to the School’s Trust Deed, based on traditional family and Christian values and aim to provide an atmosphere that reflects the love and care we show one another as Christians, besides promoting attitudes of mutual respect and responsibility towards the views of others and their religious faiths and cultures. We aim to create a happy, caring, stimulating and purposeful environment so that all children can develop and realise their full potential spiritually, academically, socially, physically and creatively.
- To foster a happy friendly community in an attractive and welcoming environment that stimulates and motivates all pupils, regardless of ability.
- To educate & develop pupils intellectually, morally, socially, mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually within a school firmly based on Christian principles.
- To promote attitudes of mutual responsibility and respect within a caring atmosphere in which each individual’s progress and development is of paramount importance.
- To acquire key skills through a curriculum that is challenging and exciting so that children learn in a positive and practical way based on appropriate learning styles.
- To provide equal opportunities for each irrespective of gender, race, religion or disability
- To provide opportunities for pupils to celebrate success and achievement, to foster a sense of pride in themselves and maximise their self esteem.
- To develop in pupils a sense of responsibility for the environment and to respect and appreciate all living things.
- To encourage the involvement of pupils in ‘decision making processes’ through problem solving, investigative activities that enhance both group and independent key working skills and so develop individual responsibility and self-confidence.
- To embrace new technology as a tool for enhancing the delivery, study, research and presentation of school work.
- To foster a friendly community and encourage a shared responsibility for all ‘stakeholders’ in the life of the school, including the special relationship which exists between the local community and the Church.
- To encourage & develop a healthy lifestyle including healthy eating.
- To encourage an appreciation of the locality in which they live, the language, culture and Welsh heritage.