Dear Parents and Carers,
How will teachers be setting work?
Teachers are going to use ‘J2e’, and ‘Class Dojo’ to set you tasks to complete by 4:00pm that day. Following the timetable on the first page staff are going to send the work out between 9:15-9:30am each morning for that day.
If you are in Foundation Phase you will be given three pieces of work each day. That should take between 20-40 minutes to complete. In addition to this, we suggest you complete at least another 15 minutes reading a book and that you spend some time each day being physically active.
Pupils in KS2 will be given three pieces of work to complete each day that we are recommending take between 30 – 60 minutes to complete. In addition to this, we suggest you read for at least another 30 minutes each day and that you spend some time each day being physically active.
Being active is very important, make sure you give yourselves a break between each activity.
What if I need help to complete the work?
Staff will make sure the work being set is appropriate and will be mindful of the fact they are not there to teach you. As much as possible pupils should complete tasks independently or if they are really stuck ask for help and advice from parents or family members. However, if you have any questions regarding the work set you can message staff through ‘J2e’ or ‘Class Dojo’ between 9am -12pm and 1pm – 3pm.
Most importantly. Please don’t worry. All we ask is that pupils try their best.
Please see the links below for additional learning resources.
- Top marks – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
- You tube Jolly Phonic songs – https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jolly+phonics+phase+2
- Phonics play games – https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- BBC radio – https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/school-radio/nursery-rhymes-songs-index/zhwdgwx
- Class Dojo Login
- What is Hwb? https://tinyurl.com/ttmm6a8
- Hwb Login for access to online resources
- Pembrokeshire Music Service Digital Learning Zone
- Mathletics Login
- Reading Eggs Login
- Class 1
- Class 2
- Class 3
- Class 4
How can I access free online eBooks?
We appreciate that it might be difficult for you to get some of the books with some local library’s being closed. Therefore, we are recommending you your County Library Service to access books online through borrowbox. Once you have joined the library and downloaded the borrowbox app you can browse, download and read eBooks at any time from any location using the free app.
How can I access this resource?
- You will need to join the Library Service. Anyone 16 or above can register for a PIN but for most of our students you will need to ask parents to register online on your behalf.
- The following link can be used by parents to register their child online: https://www.pembrokeshire.gov.uk/pembrokeshire-libraries/join-online
Joe Wicks – You Tube videos from kid’s workouts to HIIT sessions and more all using limited equipment in a small space (https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1)
Below are two documents that have been provided for us by the local authority to support well being. Please click on the link to see the documents. They provide useful advice and helpful links to a range of online resources to help keep the children interested.
NEW Additional Resources
Information for Yr 6 pupils